Saturday, December 8, 2007

Just a Test

Definitely no graphical portion to go along with this post. Simply another hurdle passed as I took my knowledge (written) test yesterday.

Of all the required tasks for the pilot's certificate, the written test should be, by far, the easiest. Since all of the questions are public, there shouldn't be any surprises, right? Well, even with the Sporty's practice tests there are still too many questions to be able to see them all. So, of course, there were a few I hadn't seen before.

Most of my strikes were on airspace and even one classified under instrument procedures (I don't know how that one sneaked in). But in the end, I got an 87, so I passed, and I can work on the deficiencies before my checkride.

The weather simply has not cooperated lately, and another week has gone by...soon, very soon....

3 comments:

Arizona Mike said...

Congradulations!
Would you like to sell you Sporty's dvd flight ins.
u can email me at arizonamikes dot com

Papa Echo said...

Unfortunately, I never purchased any of the Sporty's DVD's or books for the test. Look back at this post: http://eightgaits.blogspot.com/2007/07/online-information-universe.html
for some of the online resources that I found. I also have Bill Kershner's Student Pilot's Flight Manual. In order to practice for the actual test questions, I just used Sporty's online quizzes here: http://www.sportys.com/faatest/

You need to register, but they are the actual FAA question banks (and they're free). Good luck!

Graham Bedwell said...

Hi, welldone, must be great, good luck on the rest.Graham from www.logo-n-stitch.co.uk