Saturday, February 16, 2008

Icing on the Cake

I flew again yesterday, but that's just part of the story. Let me invite you into the way-back machine...

Earlier in the week, we had tentatively scheduled my checkride for the 21st of the month. So, I had it all figured out: I would cram for a week, maybe take another flight, and generally polish up the rough edges. Forward to yesterday, which, on a totally unrelated note ended up being a "stay-home" day for me. Working away on the computer, I noticed a call from my flight instructor. A checkride cancellation came up, and did I want to do it on Saturday...Heck, yeah...wait, you mean tomorrow?!

With much drama, fanfare, bribery, and corruption, we managed to work out babysitting and other assorted scheduling nightmares, and I called the instructor back to confirm that it would work. "Okay, can you come down right now and we'll do some review and pattern work?" "Uh, yeah, I guess I can do that, too." So much for working from home. Now, I had literally about 24 hours to make one last flight and cram as much as I could before today's examination. Whew.

I won't bore you with yesterday's work, since there really wasn't much to it. We did about 45 minutes' worth of touch-and-go's, and then went over the application form. We spent more time on paperwork than anything else.

But then came the really fun part....

No comments: