Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tying Up Loose Ends

After taking the prior dual flight's recommendations, last time was a good practice, and it paid off today. As expected, task #1 was more steep turns. The first one was a bit wobbly, and I told the instructor that I probably just needed to warm up first. The next ones and a couple more turned out nearly perfect. He was satisfied, and said that I had come a long way since a few lessons ago.

We did some slow flight and yet more hood work (I'm up to 5.5 hours), which all went smoothly with no difficulties. Then we did some turning stalls, which I haven't done in a long time. These were a bit more of a challenge than I remember, and it was tricky to give just the right amount of rudder to stay coordinated. But we didn't get into a spin, so it was acceptable.

Then we came back into the pattern and did some touch-and-go's. I made extra effort to stay right on the centerline, and T.I. was impressed. I said I did 7 landings last time and paid special attention to it, so it paid off.

Everything went well, and we have tentatively scheduled the checkride for next week, but it still might not happen if work and weather don't cooperate; we'll have to see.

No comments: